So you want to know how to cook lionfish. Well like there are many ways to cook fish, there are many ways to cook lionfish. Here are some of the ways you can turn lionfish into a tasty meal:
- Make them into a fishcake and pan fry (skillet) them
- Make them into a rosti and pan fry them
- Batter them and deep fry them, and have them as a fritter
- Cover them in breadcrumbs and pan fry them
- Blacken them in a skillet
- Cook them on a barbecue grill in an aluminum foil packet
- Cook them up in a big pot, like a lionfish curry
- Put them in a pie and bake them
- Bake them whole with head, tail and spines
- Steam them
And if you like raw fish then make them into a ceviche or have them as the meat in sushi.
I particularly like lionfish fishcakes, lionfish in a curry and baked lionfish with mayonnaise, garlic, green onions, lemon juice, parsley, pepper and salt.
If you want to know more about cooking, eating or preparing lionfish, then see my other posts as follows:
- Lionfish recipes
- How to fillet a lionfish
- Lionfish cookbook
- Restaurants that serve lionfish in Grand Cayman
How do you cook your lionfish?